AIG continues to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its ongoing impact on travel. While we endeavour to provide regular updates regarding travel safety, travellers should consult the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) and Singapore Ministry of Health’s (MOH) websites for the most up-to-date information about the pandemic.
The latest information from WHO about the pandemic can be found here.
Further information about the latest travel advisories issued by the MOH can be found here.
If you have previously purchased a travel insurance policy, your policy would not include coverage specific to COVID-19.
Starting 31 January 2022, new Jetstar Travel Insurance policies purchased will cover certain situations pertaining to COVID-19, depending on whether you are purchasing a return trip or a one-way trip. Full terms, conditions and exclusions can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
Please note the following highlights of what IS covered:
- Medical expenses incurred overseas and emergency medical evacuation & repatriation if you contract COVID-19 while travelling internationally (up to S$150,000).
- Trip cancellation up to 30 days before departure for non-refundable travel and/or accommodation expenses if you or your relative contracts COVID-19 before your scheduled trip departure date.
- Trip curtailment for non-refundable trip costs and additional travel expenses to return to your country of residence if you or your relative contracts COVID-19 while travelling internationally.
- Up to S$100/day/person for up to 14 consecutive days if you test positive for COVID-19 outside your country of residence and as a result are unexpectedly placed into mandatory quarantine outside your country of residence.
What IS NOT covered:
- Travel cancellation due to disinclination to travel, change of mind, or fear of travel due to COVID-19.
- Travel cancellation or travel interruption due to epidemic/pandemic-related advisories issued by governments, health authorities or the World Health Organisation, by or for destination country or origin country, advising against non-essential travel.
- Travel cancellation, travel interruption or travel curtailment or any expenses resulting from border closures, quarantine or other government directives.
- Travel cancellation if an airline, hotel or any travel service provider has offered a voucher or credit for cancellation refund.
- Quarantine that is mandatory for all arriving passengers or a quarantine mandate that exists for passengers from a particular country / region of origin.
- Any costs incurred for quarantine after you return to Singapore.
The following services are also available with your policy:
- Assistance with booking medical appointments, accommodations or return flights to Singapore if you are denied boarding due to fever or other medical concern.
- Assistance with booking medical appointments, accommodations or return flights to Singapore if you are denied entry to another country due to fever or other medical concern.
- Assistance with booking medical appointments, accommodations or return flights to Singapore if you feel ill (but medically cleared to fly) during your international trip.
Please read your insurance policy carefully for a full description of the coverage.
Jetstar Asia Airways Pte. Ltd., is a licensed agent registered with the Agents’ Registration Board and an authorised agent of AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. Jetstar Travel Insurance is underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. or visit the AIG, GIA or SDIC websites (www.aig.sg or www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).